Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Ugh.

I just got back from delivering my literary magazine thing to the copy shop. While there, one of the employees, a pinched-faced snobby looking woman, kept giving me and Luke the evil eye--especially when the man helping us was not around. I couldn't figure out why she was being so rude--even when I stared back directly at her like, "What???" she kept the same stony face.

Was she upset that Luke was touching things? He wasn't destroying anything or hurting anything. I swear to you. He was touching cards and naming them, "Frog" etc.

She was staring at Luke and me like we were the poo on the bottom of her shoes, like "look at that kid with the crazy hair (yes he needs a haircut) whose pregnant mama is letting run wild"...(he wasn't that bad). Why would someone be so deliberately assy?

It really hurt my feelings. I haven't encountered such a direct bitchy attitude in a while. If I go back there and she's there, and she's rude again, I'm gonna have to remind her, "B****, you work as a cashier at a copy place. Who do you think you are?"

Any other moms have experiences like this?

7 comments:

  1. Maybe she's mad you didn't give a shout-out to her on your news interview :)

    Maybe you reminded her of someone else?

    Take a deep breath. It's not good for the baby to let yucky people like her get your blood pressure up.

    WE know you're a great Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I'm a wee bit hormonal right now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I could write a book about people like this where I live. Sorry you encountered an asshat. People are so lame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote That it is The Hormones.. Those hormonal Changes are Crazy.. BUT on the other hand she Could of been Nicer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was ready to jump and run at her like the lunchroom scene in Mean Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. People look at us like that at a lot of places we go. We have two boys & yes they touch things but we don't let them ruin anything! The people who look at us like that may not have kids, or forgot what it was like to be that young, or what it was like to have a child that young..haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry that anonymous was me, Adriane -- ugh.

    ReplyDelete