Okay, so today we aren't feeling the "Jacob/Jake" name thing, since it's so incredibly common...
Here are some others we threw around. Get any good feelings on any of these? Think of it with our last name too and see what you think.
Alexander
Nicholas/Nick
Reed
Landon
William/Will
Chandler
Henry
Jesse
Caleb
Pax (that's a joke)
Don't be negative/keep it positive. You'll feel weird if we choose the one you swore you hated! :)
Jen: "How about Simon?"
Chris: "Simon's a nerd name. It's also Simon Cowell...SIMON! It's also a chipmunk's name."
He doesn't like some of my favorite names at all---Jonah/Noah/Aidan. :(
Take Nick off the list.
ReplyDelete"Hey Dick! You and your brother PUKE can leave now!"
Yeah.
I love the name Alex (Alexander)...Baby A would have been an Alex, except we have a cousin Alex. I like Alex for a girl too.
ReplyDeleteLOL Jen, you can tell you're a teacher with that comment! :)
ReplyDeleteMy faves, thinking of how they mesh with Luke's name and your last name are Alexander, Landon, Reed and Will. Caleb is also nice, and has a nice sound with your last name. Caleb's on our short list for if we have another boy, although my number one favorite name isn't on your list....
And funny you should mention "Simon" of all names - we tossed that around as a joke because we're pretty sure our little man was conceived the weekend we took off to see the newly reunited Duran Duran tour in a tiny club in 2003! Can you imagine?!?!?
See, I can't update - I'm too busy blogging in your comments! :o)
I love love love love Caleb. and it does sound great with your last name. If Finley was a boy we thought of Caleb and Camden ("Cam" for short)....
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
My favorite of the names listed is Nick. I think Nick ****** is short & strong. Nick & Luke both have 4 letters & flow well.
ReplyDeleteAdriane
You know I like Landon. Hey I had a dream about it...I think that means something! But I also like Reed. Caleb...No....There are reasons but I won't be negative. And Chandler with the last name doesn't some great. We have the same 'er' problem too. I do like Pax, even if it's a joke.
ReplyDeleteI think Will is an awesome name for a brother:)
ReplyDeleteCharlotte
I like both Landon and Caleb. Caleb is Biblical if that's still a consideration. :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteHi Jen-
ReplyDeleteIf you go with William I love the British shortened form of William which is Liam, it's only common over there :) William Patrick ******, it sounds like an English teacher's son's name don't you think?
Mary In Poe country ;)
REPOSTED TO REMOVE LAST NAME (Sorry Mary!)
I like Caleb :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI vote for Landon. I sounds good with C******. Luke and Landon C*****. I like it ALOT!!
ReplyDelete----Vickie C
Reposted again because of use of last name...
Geez Louis....People (including my Mom) just don't get it's not a good idea to post last names or city you live in! Good job playing it safe, Jen.
ReplyDeleteNo bigggie. I fixed it. :)
ReplyDeleteI like Reed. It is a family name on my dad's side. If we have a boy it is going to be his middle name but we are going to spell it Reid. I also like the idea of naming him William and calling him Liam. Liam and Luke... not bad.
ReplyDeleteWhoops! I'm sorry Jen. I didn't even think about that. I have ALOT of those SENIOR moments (brain farts)!!
ReplyDeleteOk I like Landon also, it does go well with Luke.
ReplyDeleteAdriane