
We've seen three movies lately thanks to our buddy Netflix. Here are my quick reviews...
The Departed--I really liked it and Chris did too. Luckily we had to pause it many times to get Luke back in bed, get him milk, change his diaper, etc. We also had moments where we said, "Wait a minute. Pause." And then we'd question each other, "Did this just happen? Okay. Go ahead." I couldn't have seen this movie in the movie theatre because I would have been either confused or really annoying. I thought Leonardo Dicaprio was hot stuff in here. I wanted his bod. As Dora's backpack would say, "Yum Yum Yum Yum! Delicioso!"
Last night we saw two movies--Idiocracy and Marie Antoinette.
Idiocracy is a Mike Judge movie and we thought it would be as good as Office
Space. Wrong. While there were some funny moments at the beginning, we got bored bored bored as we sludged through the middle and finally just turned it off.
The Departed--I really liked it and Chris did too. Luckily we had to pause it many times to get Luke back in bed, get him milk, change his diaper, etc. We also had moments where we said, "Wait a minute. Pause." And then we'd question each other, "Did this just happen? Okay. Go ahead." I couldn't have seen this movie in the movie theatre because I would have been either confused or really annoying. I thought Leonardo Dicaprio was hot stuff in here. I wanted his bod. As Dora's backpack would say, "Yum Yum Yum Yum! Delicioso!"
Last night we saw two movies--Idiocracy and Marie Antoinette.
Idiocracy is a Mike Judge movie and we thought it would be as good as Office
Space. Wrong. While there were some funny moments at the beginning, we got bored bored bored as we sludged through the middle and finally just turned it off.Chris was worried when I told him Marie Antoinette was next. I think he thought, "Jen's broken my no powdered wig movie rule." I told him this one was different. "It's all like, rock and roll or something."
He endured it. We both liked the "prettiness" of the movie--a lot of eye candy. I learned a lot about Marie A--after checking online, I realized that Sofia Coppola went right by the book with it, even though I thought, "That surely didn't happen, right?" (Especially concerning the public birthing of the first kid.) I adored the soundtrack. When a Cure song started playing, I was thinking, "That's not...yes, it is! Wow!" (I was like a dork gushing over this song while Chris rolled his eyes a little at me---he never has liked the Cure.)
I loved Marie Antoinette. I spared D, from having to watch it. Hahaha I'm like you, I went & looked her up. Quite an interesting life.
ReplyDeleteThe only one of the movies listed I have seen is "The Departed" & it was really good!!
ReplyDeleteAdriane