
Well it's March 1 and we have tornadoes in Alabama. If you are not from around here, you've probably seen the video---especially from Enterprise and the high school there. Ugh. Very disturbing. I find myself wondering about a college friend who teaches there with her husband now...hope they are okay. Haven't talked with her for years, but I still wonder.
Bad weather really freaks me out. Just ask Chris. While I huddle in the hallway with Luke and pillows, he's usually watching TV (non weather stuff) or is checking out football forums. He thinks I over-react to the sirens. I just think it's better to be safe than sorry. A few weeks ago I cleaned out the hall closet and sat in there with Luke and he thought that was a real hoot. If I weren't pregnant, I would have been sippin' on some of Grandma's cough medicine, if you know what I mean.
I left work a little early when my inclusion teacher told me she'd take care of things and I picked up Luke. As I headed his way, I drove carefully in the rain, saying things like, "Slow and steady wins the race." Where the hell did I get that saying? When did I turn eighty years old?
I knocked on P's door and the first thing I saw, besides P, was Luke on his cot.
"Hi Mama," he said, "This is my cot."
"Really? I like your cot!"
"Going home?" He asks with a grin.
"Yes. You wanna go home with Mama?"
"Yes. Get my shoes..." He went straight to where his Diego shoes were.
We laughed out in the rain as we got in the car and headed home. The sirens have been on and off all day and I'm tired of watching the fancy Doppler radar. I hope Entertainment Tonight won't be cancelled because of this crap. You know I need updates on Anna Nicole's pink funeral plans.
Bad weather really freaks me out. Just ask Chris. While I huddle in the hallway with Luke and pillows, he's usually watching TV (non weather stuff) or is checking out football forums. He thinks I over-react to the sirens. I just think it's better to be safe than sorry. A few weeks ago I cleaned out the hall closet and sat in there with Luke and he thought that was a real hoot. If I weren't pregnant, I would have been sippin' on some of Grandma's cough medicine, if you know what I mean.
I left work a little early when my inclusion teacher told me she'd take care of things and I picked up Luke. As I headed his way, I drove carefully in the rain, saying things like, "Slow and steady wins the race." Where the hell did I get that saying? When did I turn eighty years old?
I knocked on P's door and the first thing I saw, besides P, was Luke on his cot.
"Hi Mama," he said, "This is my cot."
"Really? I like your cot!"
"Going home?" He asks with a grin.
"Yes. You wanna go home with Mama?"
"Yes. Get my shoes..." He went straight to where his Diego shoes were.
We laughed out in the rain as we got in the car and headed home. The sirens have been on and off all day and I'm tired of watching the fancy Doppler radar. I hope Entertainment Tonight won't be cancelled because of this crap. You know I need updates on Anna Nicole's pink funeral plans.
I am one sick puppy.
When I hear tornado sirens, I think (I swear to God) "Jen would be in the hall closet right now with a big Solo cup of Crown & Coke!" :-)
ReplyDeleteRe: "Slow and steady..." Yesterday, Tim mentioned that something would cost "a pretty penny." I turned to him and said, "Wow, that's pretty expensive, GRANDPA." You two should go on a road trip sometime.