

Please say a prayer for the family of Anthony S. Anthony was a student in my class this year. He was only 17. This past Tuesday he was playing on a rope swing on a river and a freak accident happened. I'm still not real sure about the details, but somehow he drowned.
He was such a good kid; he had the highest average in my fifth period class and was also a very talented artist. We had already selected his art to be on the cover and in the literary magazine. I'm so glad I bragged on him last week. He seemed so pleased. Do you know he even turned in his research paper early to get his twenty extra points? Bless his heart. I felt sick to my stomach when I reached into my research paper basket and pulled his out, with "A Plus PLEASE!" written on the outside manilla envelope.
Here are two pieces of Anthony's artwork.
So sad, and so unfair -- robbed of life at such an early age. So much talent ... just gone, evaporated.
ReplyDeleteI don't have prayers to offer, but my heart goes out to you, Jen, and to Anthony's family.
Hi Jen...My name is Marquita Jones and you probably don't know me. I go to L.A.M.P. High School and every day since this tragic accident I've cried. I'm really trying to accept this but it's so hardc to loose someone so very close to your heart. Anthony was a really modest person and he hid his talents from me. I NEVER knew he was such a great artist or a great student in all the three almost four years we've been friends. OH MY GOD....THIS IS SO HARD TO TALK ABOUT...! Well I am surely happy to know that Anthony had people to care for him the way I did...! I hate to put this in your head but the night he died (GOD REST HIS SOUL) my little sister said she couldn't go to sleep so she looked over at me and she said there was someone standing over me in black and white and those were Anthony's favorite colors......I've prayed to God that he be sure that Anthony knows I am in deep mourning for him and I truly miss him..........R.I.P.! Anthony, I Love You!
ReplyDeleteThat just breaks my heart. I saw the bulletin you posted on myspace asking about him. So I was curious if it was him. That's just awful. It's horrible when anyone passes away, but it seems to be more devastating when it's someone with so much promise.
ReplyDeleteJen, I'm so sorry.
ReplyDeleteWOW!! That is so sad! I am so sorry. Beautiful art-work. Very talented.
ReplyDeleteI know I ask this every time you mention a student, but was he from the hill? I don't know if it was the same boy or not, but do you remember the boy that was picked up by his Grandaddy everyday? I thought his name was Anthony. He was skinny and very quite and always respectful.
ReplyDeleteIt seems like you have had a lot of tragedy these past couple of years with students. Charlotte
So sad...many thoughts & prayers. I am so sad when I hear of something so tragic.
ReplyDeleteAdriane
Yes Charlotte, he was the one from the hill. :(
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about this, Jen. My thoughts are with you all...
ReplyDeleteLooks like I got discovered by a local. ;) Oh well. It's okay. I don't write anything I could get fired over. If you search his name AND how he died it comes up--not just by doing a search with his name...That google is quick!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know that his brother was Orlando R. Did you know that?
ReplyDeleteCharlotte
I didn't teach Orlando I guess.
ReplyDeleteThat is so sad. I'm sorry and will keep his families in my prayers. He was extremely talented - beautiful drawings. Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDelete