Sunday, March 04, 2007

Computers, Kickball, and Church!

This has been quite the weekend for getting off our butts! Well, after Friday night of course. Friday night, our "movie night", was good. We finally watched Prairie Home Companion after having it sit on the TV for 2 weeks or so. It was okay. Different. I don't know what I expected, but it was not quite that. I was surprised Chris sat through it with me, as it seemed very Capri-movie to me (and yes, it did play there) and he actually enjoyed it. We especially liked Woody Harrellson and John C. Reilly's Lefty and Dusty. Lindsay Lohan had a smaller role than I thought she would have, and that was okay, since she makes me wanna puke. Although I loved the whole "She stuck a hose in his tailpipe!!!!!" part. Heh heh. The last movie we watched was The Last Seduction from back when. It's one of my all time favorites which makes me seem quite sick, I realize. But hey, it's a different kind of movie. I just love the female character and how take charge she is, even if I would and could never be that way. I like that, Peter Berg, and the way the money she "came into" gave her so much freedom. Plus, of course, the rather cool ending. See it if you haven't so far. It's a little dirty, but not too bad.

Our next movie will be The Departed. I hope it's as good as everyone says it is.

Saturday we headed to AU to spend some time with Jennie, Dan, and PJ at their home. Chris helped Dan with some computer issues while PJ tried to entertain Luke.
"He has such a short attention span!" PJ told us, exasperated after an hour. Bless his heart. He gave Luke all kinds of presents to keep him occupied, but he was ready for new challenges soon after getting all the toys.
"Welcome to two-year-olds!" We told him.
After eating a million pounds of salsa and chips, Jennie, PJ, Luke, and I headed outside to watch the neighborhood kids play kickball in the cul-de-sac. It was a beautiful afternoon and the neighborhood was so nice and quiet and so well mannered that I didn't worry too much about Luke running around with them. This is how people SHOULD live. Just a beautiful neighborhood. The kids were sweet to Luke, never getting mad when he tried to steal bases...literally...he would pick up the Frisbees they were using as bases and throw them. He seemed to get a real thrill from hanging out with older children and I watched and smiled from the curb. Every now and then he'd come sit beside me and stroke my hair, shout "GO!!!" at the other kids, and then race off again. Good food and friends later that night. Fantastic.

And hey, this morning, we went to church. Yes friends, we attended a house of worship. Amazing, huh? :) Chris's co-worker was getting his first shot at doing a sermon so we went to check that out and also check out the church. We liked it and plan on trying it again next week. Luke even liked his little 2-3 year old room, you know, after much crying and gnashing of teeth... I asked him how he liked it i and said he had new friends. Awww...

After church we had a nice lunch at The Olive Garden and Luke actually stayed in his chair. That was amazing in itself. So anyway, we had a fantastic, busy, and well, blessed weekend. How about that?

Also, we feel at peace with some decisions we have been making about the future and it feels GOOD. Just had to get that out!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for a great weekend!!!! We would also like to find a church that works for us, but we never seem to make it happen. Someday. Are you reading the book you posted? And at peace with decisions about the future, huh? Yay for you!! And yes, I"m curious now. . .

    Take care, Jen! And uh....belly shot?!!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a full weekend.
    I hate Prairie Home Companion. I was looking so forward too it, but I ended up stopping it half way through. Which is something I rarely do, I normally give the flim the benefit of the doubt.
    We rented The Departed. We began to watch it & about 15 minutes into I decided that a nap would hold my attention better. D watched it & said it wasn't very good. When he told me the ending I'm so glad I didn't waste my time. I think they just gave it best picture to make all the Scorsese fans happy.

    Onto church...That is super news! It does feel good to go to church doesn't it? I'm glad we are going back & are involved again. What kinda of church is it? Anyway...I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Decisions about the future.....I see I'm not the only curious one.

    Jake watched The Departed last weekend with his frozen peas..he said it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear the belly shot is coming soon. I don't have a digital camera and I've been too lazy to take the film to CVS! :) Sorry gals. Soon soon.

    Our future stuff---we gotta keep it to ourselves right now. Just not to jinx things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you can see, I've been gone for like 2 months. I'm slowly catching up on your life and love this post. So sweet, so pleasant, so Mayberry. Not in a bad way. It made me nostalgic. Thanks for posting it. I hope you enjoy the church!

    ReplyDelete